Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Samuel Jacob Jones

At 3:49 on Friday, November 7th, Samuel Jacob Jones came to join our family. I was taken to Southern Regional Womens Medical Center on Thursday to induce after we found out that the amniotic fluid was too low. We arrived there about 4 p.m. and the induction started around 5 p.m. I labored until about lunch time (you will have to confirm the time with my family since I was kinda out of it) when I began to push. I pushed for about 2 hours before the doctor called for an emergency c-section.


Prior to pushing we had already had 2 scares where Sam's heart rate had gone down too much and we were told that if it happened again they would do a c-section. After pushing for so long and him not dropping then decided that it would be too hard on both of us for me to continue to push. The epidural had not been working correctly at this point and I felt all of the pushing, and when I went in to the OR they tried to boost the epidural for the c-section but I could still feel them pinching as they were trying to determine if I was feeling it. That meant general anestesia for me. I woke up in recovery a couple of hours later with Floyd telling me that we have a perfect baby boy...Sam. He thought that I had already woken up a bit and had been told so it surprised him when I had a surprised look because I was surprised that it was all over.




All of that led us to this:

Samuel Jacob Jones
11/7/08
8 lbs, 2 oz - 20 inches
Prase the Lord for blessing our family!

2 comments:

G&S said...

Congratulations CelestE!!! He is so so precious :). I wish I could hold the little guy and YOU! Rejoicing with you all from afar!!! I'll call you soon after the "recovery" and "adjustment" gets better.

Love you, Shilo

Monique said...

He is sooo cute! Already posing for the camera!